SSS OFW COVERAGE PROGRAM
The program covers all OFWs not over 60 years old, whether previously a member or not.
OFW (Overseas Filipino Worker) is defined as:
- Filipino recruited by a foreign-based employer for employment abroad; or
- With source of income in a foreign country; or
- A permanent resident of a foreign country
1. For New member (without SSS Number)
Visit the nearest SSS office and secure an Overseas Worker Record Form (SSS Form OW-1). Fill out the form and submit with any of the following documents:
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) Card
2. For Existing member (with SSS Number)
An existing SSS member can reactivate membership by continuously paying SSS contributions as OFW.
Coverage of an OFW takes effect upon payment of the first monthly contribution.
The monthly contribution will be based on the monthly earnings declared at the time of registration, computed in Philippine pesos. (Please refer to Schedule of Contributions below).
OFW are entitled to various benefits and loan privileges, provided qualifying conditions are met. To ensure higher benefits and privileges, they can continue to pay their contributions until they reach the age of 60 0r 65 years old.
January to December contributions – anytime during the applicable year.
October to December contributions – may also be paid until January 31 of the following year.